Nouvelles et évènements
AKADEMIYA2063 recruits 01 IT Specialist
- août 12, 2022
- Publié par : Khady
- Catégorie : Recrutement Digital
AKADEMIYA2063 recruits 01 IT Specialist
- Title: IT Specialist
- Position #: SN22-NR-008
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Duration: 1 year
AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa-based non-profit research organization with headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda and a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Inspired by the ambitions of Agenda 2063 and grounded in the recognition of the central importance of strong knowledge and evidence systems, the vision of AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa with the expertise we need for the Africa we want. This expertise must be responsive to the continent’s needs for data and analysis to ensure high-quality policy design and execution. Inclusive, evidence-informed policymaking is key to meeting the continent’s development aspirations, creating wealth, and changing livelihoods for the better. AKADEMIYA2063’s overall mission is to create, across Africa and led from its headquarters in Rwanda, state-of-the-art technical capacities to support the efforts by the Member States of the African Union to achieve the key goals of the African Union’s Agenda 2063 of transforming national economies to boost growth and prosperity.
Following from its vision and mission, the main goal of AKADEMIYA2063 is to help meet Africa’s needs at the continental, regional and national levels in terms of data, analytics, and mutual learning for the effective implementation of Agenda 2063 and the realization of its outcomes by a critical mass of countries. AKADEMIYA2063 strives to meet its goals through programs organized under five strategic areas—policy innovation, knowledge systems, capacity creation and deployment, operational support and data management, digital products, and technology—as well as partnerships and outreach activities. For more information, visit www.akademiya2063.org
Through its department of Data Management, Digital Products, and Technology, AKADEMIYA2063 seeks a qualified candidate to serve for a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment as an IT Specialist. The selected candidate will report to the Director of Data Management, Digital Products, and Technology and the position is based in Dakar, Senegal.
The candidate must have good experience in setting, maintaining, and monitoring IT systems and show a strong capacity in working autonomously and dealing with several priorities in a fast-paced environment. A good knowledge and experience in providing end-users support is also required. She/he must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the capacity to collaborate with the staff at different levels of the organization. She/he must have a strong capacity of self-motivation, must be exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and have high organizational skills, organizational planning, and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
The IT Specialist is expected to contribute to AKADEMIYA2063’s work by providing daily IT support, including but not limited to:
- Support the technical managers on daily tasks;
- Implement, monitor, and maintain the IT infrastructure of the offices (Dakar, Kigali);
- Provide offices networks configurations, maintenance, and security services (Dakar, Kigali);
- Report any repairs and maintenances activities to the team;
- Provide technical assistance to office staff as needed;
- Manage the organization’s Microsoft Office 365 subscription
- Manage software purchasing for staff;
- Ensure the installation, updates and upgrades of software and systems;
- Perform routine laptops maintenance and updates for performance efficiency;
- Supervise and process help desk support requests;
- Maintain Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems;
- Assist the department of Communications and Outreach in setting up the IT environment for conferences, webinars, andconference calls;
- Backing and maintaining servers and databases;
- Assist in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data preparation and processing;
- Assist in drafting reports, presentations, and training materials;
- Ensure the acquisition, the proper operation, and the management of office equipment’s such as routers, printers, fax, copiers, data storage facilities and servers, and any digital and technological device
Qualifications and expérience
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in IT
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Abilities
- Hands-on hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Good experience and knowledge of Mac OS environment and tools
- Strong understanding and experience with current network protocols and standards
- Good knowledge of inventory management
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Adaptation capacity and flexibility in a changing environment
- Ability to interface smoothly and communicate effectively across multiple teams and disciplines
- Ability to provide excellent customer service even in stressful situations
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision
- Excellent skills in writing and oral communication
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV and cover letter in English, by August19, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for AKADEMIYA2063. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the available position. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part / in whole this document.
AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
*Disclaimer: AKADEMIYA2063 does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
To find out more about AKADEMIYA2063 visit our website at https://akademiya2063.org/
[vc_row full_width=”” parallax=”” parallax_image=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”default”][/vc_column][/vc_row]