Nouvelles et évènements
NIYEL recrute 01 Directeur de l’Audio Visuel
- novembre 11, 2022
- Publié par : Khady
- Catégorie : Recrutement Digital
NIYEL recrute 01 Directeur de l’Audio Visuel
- Start Date: Immediately
- Reports to: Creative and Multimedia Manager
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
We are currently recruiting for an Audiovisual Director. The primary responsibility of the A/V Director is to provide technical expertise and team leadership for Niyel’s projects needing sound, media, video, and stage lighting. The A/V Director is also responsible for audio/video technical and creative development, production, and training related to the live/recorded and post-production audio/visual content.
Who are we?
Niyel is an international firm specializing in campaigns, advocacy, political influence, and public affairs, based in Dakar since 2008 with offices in Kigali and Port Louis. Its interventions cover all human rights issues and aim to ensure the respect, protection, and fulfillment of human rights. We work to promote public policies conducive to the development of all and to influence practices to ensure that as citizens, individuals, and communities, we understand and defend our own rights while respecting those of others and assuming fully our responsibilities.
In a nutshell, we are a diverse and dynamic team that provides innovative and creative advocacy and campaign strategies to support communities and organizations in their fight for social justice.
- A diverse and dynamic team from around the world
- Almost 120 projects were carried out to influence policies and practices.
- An experience in over 35 countries worldwide
- Experience on a variety of themes such as health, sanitation, migration, environment, education, agriculture, nutrition, citizen participation, political campaigns, etc.
- Collaboration and relationships built with hundreds of development organizations, governments of civil society as well as political and cultural actors.
Proven experience in:
- research and analysis of situations and issues
- the development of advocacy strategies and
- the planning, implementation, and evaluation of campaigns.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Outline primary and background footage or live feed shot list, script, or screenplay depending on the project, and create or add to a brief
- Direct and film a wide range of content – short and long films, interviews, events, documentary-style content, TV programs
- Assemble raw footage and input uncut rushes and sound
- Responsible for assembly edit, sequencing, and final cut
- Responsible for all editing inclusive of photo editing, grading, coloring, sound (music) for film editing
- Review all audiovisual recordings to ensure conformance to production and broadcast standards
- May write voice-over and/or commentary as requested
- Mentor and train the audiovisual officer as needed and plan for continual education of the team
- Manage and execute photography and video projects for local, national, and international clients.
- Keep current with new technology development in equipment, hardware, and computer software programs
- Establish standards of operation and quality for AV team and oversee continuous improvement to those standards.
Qualified candidates must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. (with or without assistance), easily ascend flights of stairs, be willing to enter crawl spaces where wiring exists, stand and walk for long periods of time.
As a prerequisite, the Audiovisual Director must believe in the core values of Niyel – Innovation, Accountability, Ethics, Positive Work Environment and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in both photography and videography – framing and shot composition/lighting and sound/focus, exposure and angles, types of footage
- Skilled in all levels of video production (pre-production, production, post-production, camera operation, editing, knowledge in motion graphics, sound design, color correction, etc.).
- Proficiency with professional editing software
- Maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot equipment and gear
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Project Management
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and within long working hours
- Language proficiency in French and English
- Holds a high interest in Human rights, Advocacy, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Communications, Public Relations, and Research
- Self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving impact
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, and not intimidated by tasks/time/budget limitations
- Thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Work well within a team and be comfortable in social and culturally diverse environments
Why work at Niyel?
We welcome you to a team of dynamic advocates, political operatives, and mobilizers who are learners that do make mistakes but never stop trying. We believe in compassion, empathy and have an open and respectful culture. Providing a place where your views matter and you have space to make an impact. We offer competitive compensation, medical benefits, vacation, mental health days, hybrid remote working, fun company team building, and ongoing learning opportunities to grow your career.
Niyel is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information and pregnancy.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and internship. Niyel makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply, please fill out an application located on the contact page of the Niyel website (www.niyel.net) and attach your CV and cover letter addressed to Tasha Mills, Director of People and Partnerships, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will be open until filled but candidates are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
[vc_row full_width=”” parallax=”” parallax_image=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”default”][/vc_column][/vc_row]