UNV recruits 01 Digital Finance and Data Specialist
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Digital Hub Manager, Digital Finance Expert will be responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- Support regional team on data collection/analysis: Map providers’ current practices and capacity in data reporting, analysis and data-driven decision making, identification of functional and non-functional practices, and specific needs and interest, including segmentation of data (gender, geography, age, etc.)
- Support the design, implementation, analysis and synthetization of data collection activities with partners of UNCDF (annual, quarterly, monthly or ad-hoc reporting
- Conduct data analysis to optimize strategic decision-making, product design and operational processes, using provider data, (secondary) survey data, and other sources of data.
- Map customer journeys and agent performance to better understand dormancy rates and customer attrition, inform pricing strategies to ensure profitability and sustainability of products, …
- Develop/improve tools (e.g. dashboard) for the regional team/providers to monitor performance and identify opportunities of business growth;
- Analysis of customer survey data: mine customer survey data sets and support the implementation and reporting of upcoming customer research
- Support relevant regulators, ministries and other entities from the Governments, such as the (Ministry of Finance, Digital Economy, Microfinance, MSME, Agriculture…) to improve the countries policy and regulations and support the design and implementation of the national financial inclusion strategy;
- Conduct a stakeholder mapping and build a database of contacts (regulators, providers, donors, government agencies)
- Facilitate consultations and provide technical assistance for the drafting of the national financial strategy
- Organize and manage DFS working groups
- Support the development of a pipeline of innovative projects and initiatives using UNCDF’s Technical Assistance facilities and blended finance instruments (e.g. grants, loans and guarantees);
- Diagnostic on SMEs, access to finance and digital innovations
- Draft requests for applications, TOR and provide technical assistance to providers
- Perform project appraisal of institutions selected by UNCDF
- Build the project workbook for all selected partners
- Support timely reporting from partners that have received support as may be required;
- Support in partner relationship management with financial service providers like commercial banks, insurance service providers, fintechs, mobile money operators, remittance service providers etc. through financial and technical support from UNCDF;
- Provide technical assistance related to leveraging digital innovation and technology to improve access to and usage of financial services among key target population segments (Small holder farmers, MSME, refugees, women and youth)
- Monitor partner’s performance during pilot quick off, mid-term review and project completion
- Monitor grant agreement and train partners in monitoring and reporting as per UNCDF standard
- Contribute to knowledge management and communication by writing blog posts, focus notes, case studies etc.
- Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
- Education – Additional Comments:
- Master degree in economics, international development, or related field
- Required experience: 48 Months
- 4 years of experience in in managing large-scale, high-impact programme delivery schemes for improving access to financial services for the most marginalized populations (refugees, women, youth) particularly in in low/middle income countries is mandatory.
- At least two years of experience in implementing digital solutions in inclusive digital finance, especially for the most marginalized populations (refugees, women, youth) particularly in low/middle income countries is mandatory.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Macroeconomics and public finance, Finance, accounting and audit, Development programme/project administration
Area of expertise details
managing large-scale, high-impact programme delivery schemes for improving access to financial services for the most marginalized populations (refugees, women, youth) particularly in in low/middle income countries is mandatory.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Senegal and legal residents in Senegal with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 28-06-2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.unv.org.